Hands down, these are my favorite snack. Cooking the canned pumpkin on the stove top first raises these little bites a whole new level. The cooking reduces the water content, intensifying the taste and developing that pumpkin pie flavor. You’ll be making these all the way until the new year, and beyond!
Pumpkin Fat Bombs
- 1/2 cup Canned Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 tbsp Maca Powder
- 1/4 cup Cacao Butter
- 1/2 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 tbsp Swerve Sweetener
- 3 tsp Ginger Powder
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes
- 1/4 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tbsp Cacao Nibs
- 1/2 cup Coconut Flakes (for rolling the bites in)
- Add the canned pumpkin puree and the maca to the smallest pot you have. Cook on medium heat, stirring constantly being sure not to let it burn. Remove from heat once the pumpkin has turned a few shades darker, which takes about 5-6 minutes.
- Pour the pumpkin and maca mixture into a food processor or a blender. Add the melted cacao butter, and coconut oil. Measure in the Swerve, ginger, coconut flakes, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon, and cacao nibs.
- Blitz until everything is just blended and the pumpkin seeds have broken up a bit.
- Using your hands, form into bite-sized balls and roll in the coconut flakes. Store in the refrigerator using a piece of wax or parchment paper to separate layers, otherwise, they might stick together.