I wish that my energy levels would last as long as my to-do list. Whenever I’m feeling sluggish and struggling to find motivation, I brew up a chaga and maca elixir. Sipping on it while taking a breather is just what I need to recharge and help me stay focused. Most people reach for a cup of coffee, but I often get a dizzy/panicked feeling when I drink coffee. Chaga and maca are both adaptogens, and help you deal with stress while improving your focus without caffeine.
I buy my chaga from Forbes Wild Foraged Foods. You can find them at most farmers markets around Toronto and online. My favorite maca is from Organic Traditions and you can buy it on Amazon or at most health food stores.
Read my post about adaptogens here and brew up your own chaga & maca elixir to help stay warm and motivated this winter!
Chaga & Maca Elixir
- 2 Tbsp Chaga Powder (I used Forbe's Foraged Wild Chaga)
- 2 Cups Water
- 2 tsp Maca Powder (I like Organic Traditions)
- 2 Tbsp Honey or BeniSweet Chicory Root Sweetener
- 2 Tbsp Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Cinnamon sticks for garnishing
- In a small sauce pot, bring the chaga and water to a gentle simmer on the stovetop. Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and strain the chaga out using a fine mesh strainer or tea steeper.
- Add the steeped chaga to a blender and ass the remaining ingredients.
- Blend on low for 30 seconds or until everything is looking good and a bit frothy.
- Pour into mugs and serve with a cinnamon stick, enjoy!