Bright and nutty, this salad is a crowd pleaser. I bring this to potlucks in the colder months, offering a refreshing oasis from the heavy soups, stews
Colorful Winter Salad
- 1 head of curly kale
- 1 head of Redbor kale (purple kale)
- 2 oranges
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds (about one pomegranate's worth)
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Wash and de-vein the kale, removing all the tough stalks. Roughly chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Remove the peel from the oranges with a sharp knife. Start by first cutting the top and the bottom peel off the orange, making a flat surface to stand the orange up. Then run your knife down the orange, between the white pith and the juicy bits, following the curve of the orange. Once peeled, use your knife to cut segments out of the orange.
- Toss the kale and orange segments together in a large bowl. Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over top.
- To make the dressing, combine the tahini, orange juice, lemon juice, and salt into a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Serve with plenty of dressing and enjoy! This salad can be prepped a day ahead, just make sure to keep the dressing on the side until ready to serve.