24 Nov Easy Lemon Aioli
Keep a jar of sauce in your fridge to dress up roasted veggies, leftovers or your breakfast eggs. I make up a batch on Sundays during my meal prep, and find myself reaching for it all week. It’s the perfect dip for fresh veggies or coating a roasted chicken breast for an easy boost of flavor. Lemon aioli and other mayo-type sauces are my favorite ways to add flavor and more fats to lean cuts of meat and veggies. If you’re trying to go keto, or just trying to cut back on your carbs and increase your fats, this sauce will help you get there.
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Large Egg Yolks
- 1/2 tsp mustard powder or 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice (about a half lemon juiced)
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Fresh Black Pepper Ground
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Unrefined Expeller Pressed Canola Oil or other light flavored oil
- Zest of One Lemon (be sure not to get the pith, the white part of the peel)
- Combine the egg, yolks, mustard, lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, pepper and salt in a blender and blitz for about 20 seconds until well combined.
- With the blender running on a medium-low speed, slowly drizzle in the oil. This should take 3 full minutes to get all the oil blended. Take it super slow at first, and if you see any oil pooling, pause pouring, and allow the oil to blend before adding more.
- Once all the oil has been added it will be very thick. Spoon out of the blender into a large mouthed jar. Add the lemon zest and mix well. Store in the refrigerator. Keeps for just over a week.