15 Aug Refreshing Cauliflower Summer Salad
Quick pickled radishes and mint make this summer salad perfect for hot days when it’s just too much trouble to turn on the stove.
Refreshing Cauliflower Summer Salad
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 tsp Sugar (omit if paleo/keto)
- 2 tsp Salt
- 6 Radishes
- 1 large Head of Cauliflower
- 1/2 cup Fresh Mint Leaves
- 1/2 cup Fresh Parsley Flat Leaf
- 2 tbsp Fresh Chopped Chives
- 1/2 cup Rice Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Fresh Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Garlic Flowers in Oil (or 1 clove fresh garlic finely minced)
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup Chopped Cashews
- Prepare a quick pickle brine by mixing the red wine vinegar, water, sugar and half the salt in a small bowl and stir to dissolve everything. Slice the radishes thinly, and add to the brine making sure to get them all submerged. Place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes, or overnight.
- Wash, rinse and roughly chop the cauliflower. Place in a food processor and blitz until it resembles grains of rice. Or use a sharp kitchen knife to finely chop. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- Chop the herbs and add to the cauliflower. Mix in the chives.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing together the rice vinegar, lemon juice, black pepper, half the salt, and the garlic flowers in a small bowl. Pour over the cauliflower and herbs. Toss to mix, adding in the olive oil, quick pickled radishes, and the chopped cashews.
- Chill before serving, this salad tastes best the next day and makes a great light lunch. Garnish with more herbs and chopped cashews.